[Kathmandude's Midweek] Lessons of being a "The Rock" fan
[Kathmandude has been taking up blogging duties for sometime now as madeinepal's in-house blogger lusts into hiatus. This week, he turns his attention into his personal heros; The Rock. I guess we all need a dose of wrestling personalities at some point in our life. As always you can find him [HERE]]
Yes, I am a WWEthusiast.
Yes, I am a WWEthusiast.
Well actually I am a Social Science student in mid-twenties who hates physical exercise and eats burgers like it’s the best spiritual experience and is reticent but is misunderstood as a taciturn person. Ironically, I am also a hippy by heart. And moreover, I think Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson is God’s greatest gift to the humanity till date. This may seem a wee bit dreary and fake WWE and blahblahblah..to you but IT DOESN’T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK. period.
Well, there can be a lot of people as role models to us but nobody has done it badass like The Rock. You may think what is this roody-poo talking about. I will give you some eyebrow raising.
1. He won a National Championship with Miami Hurricanes Football Team (1991) as a college football player for the University of Miami.
2. His first leading film role was in The Scorpion King in 2002. For this role, he was paid US$5.5 million, a world record for an actor in his first starring role.
3. His autobiography The Rock Says was published in 2000. It debuted at #1 on The New York Times Best Seller list and remained on the list for several weeks. \
4. He can play songs on the guitar!
On a serious note, he actually does sing quite well.
5. Forbes Magazine named him the ‘Top Grossing Actor of 2013’. Releasing multiple blockbusters of The Fast and the Furious 6, Pain & Gain and G.I. Joe, his movies have delivered an astounding total of $1.3 billion.
6. For his role in Hercules, The Rock has recently tweeted that he’s eating seven full meals a day, consuming an incredible 14 egg whites and more than three pounds of meat. He’ll keep this up for 22 weeks and has listed ‘1 cup of lion blood upon rising’ as a breakfast drink.
Lion King all buffed up
Dwayne Johnson has come a long way from a tough childhood days to being a true People’s Champ. I cannot imagine a better role model to myself as a positive minded, crap cutting, hard working, and life loving human being. And the more I think about The Rock the more I feel that it is the electrifying, jabroni beating, pie eating insults you dole out to your adversaries that will occasionally do the trick.
“Who are you two popcorn farts?”
“Who knew, that a man with 24 inch pythons would have half inch testicles.”
“I’m gonna take this (object), shine it up real nice, turn it sideways, and stick it straight up your candy ass”.
After all he is “The jabroni beating, pie eating, trail blazing, eye brow raising, the best in the present, future and past, and if ya’ll don’t like me you can kiss the people’s ass”.
Insults, Insults and Insults to success.